Commitment to Privacy on the Internet
Scope of Application
This privacy statement applies to SimplifyTax Website (http://www.simplifytax.in/). The statement does not apply to other companies' or organizations' websites to which the Site links.
In general, you can visit this Site without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. However we may automatically (i.e., not by registration) collect information that is not personally identifiable to help us provide better customer service. Our service automatically gathers certain information such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to the Site but we do so in ways that keep that information anonymous. This information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the Site and how much of the Site you use, so that we can improve our Site. We do not review information on individuals themselves. SimplifyTax may use a technology nicknamed "cookies" that indicates how and when pages in the Site are visited, and by how many people. A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your system but does not collect personally identifiable information. You can set your browser to notify you before you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it or not. You can also set your browser to turn off cookies. If you do so, however, some areas of some sites may not function properly.
SimplifyTax fully complies with Indian's laws and regulations, national policies and other rules concerning the protection of personal information. Personal information can be defined as any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, a home or other physical address, an e-mail address or other contact information. SimplifyTax sometimes collects personal information from its customers while conducting business activities. On the Website, personal information is collected predominantly through the various contact/inquiry forms. When we directly solicit personal information from you in writing, we will specify how we intend to use the information, and ask for your consent. When we collect personal information by other means, we will announce on our website how we intend to use it. When you provide us with personal information, we use the information to respond to and confirm your inquiry, and may keep a record of the inquiry for the same purposes. In addition, to support our customer relationship, we may store and process personal information and share it with our worldwide subsidiaries and affiliates to better understand your needs and how we can improve our products and services. At times SimplifyTax may conduct online surveys to better understand the needs and profile of our visitors. When we conduct a survey, we will do our utmost to let you know how we will use the information collected from you. Our site may provide contests, sweepstakes or other promotions that may ask you to enter your personal information. We will use the information you provide for the purpose of conducting the promotion, like providing customer support or contacting you if you're a winner. SimplifyTax does not use or disclose information gathered from individual visits to the Site or information that you may give us to any third parties for intention to sell, rent or otherwise market your personal information. We may at times employ a third party service providers to perform or assist us on the on-line surveys, contests, sweepstakes or other promotions. For example, administering the survey or promotion, compiling the data or providing customer support. These parties will have signed a Non-Disclosure Agreement prior to any services we initiate with them. They will not disclose any personal information they receive from you and will only use it in order to initiate and or continue the services they are providing for us. You have the option not to provide personal information to SimplifyTax. If you choose not to provide the personal information we request, you can still visit most of the Site, but you may be unable to access certain options, offers and services that involve our interaction with you. SimplifyTax sometimes collects personal information from its customers in the course of its business activities. The following is an overview of how we handle such personal information :
1. Basic Approach to Handling Personal Information
SimplifyTax has set forth personal information protection policies. We work constantly to improve and maintain the system while at the same time widely communicating our personal information protection policies to all company personnel (including board members, regular employees, part- time employees, short-term workers, and temporary workers) and relevant parties.
2. Collecting Personal Information
1) SimplifyTax collects personal information by legal and fair means only.
2) When we directly collect personal information from you in writing, we will specify how we intend to use the information provide contact information, and ask for your consent. When we collect personal information by other means, we will announce on our website how we intend to use it along with contact details.
3) Whether or not you provide personal information to SimplifyTax is up to you. Please note, however, that there are some services we may be unable to provide without your personal information.
3. The Personal Information We Collect
1) SimplifyTax uses the personal information we receive from you to execute contracts and
transactions concluded between you and SimplifyTax
2) SimplifyTax may be entrusted by a client company to process personal information. In such cases, we may make use of your personal information as instructed by the client company and retain the information until returning it to the client company or deleting it from our system.
3) We may at times acquire commercially-available lists or directories.
4) SimplifyTax will not collect, use, or provide to any third party any personal information such as the following without your consent information concerning:
• Personal philosophies, beliefs, or religion
• Race, ethnicity, physical/mental disabilities, criminal records, or other information that may lead to social discrimination
• Workers' right to organize, collective bargaining, or other collective activities
• Participation in demonstrations, petitions, or the exercising of other political rights
• Medical treatment or sexual practices.
4. How We Use your Personal Information
1) SimplifyTax uses the personal information we receive from you to execute contracts and
transactions concluded between you and SimplifyTax.
2) SimplifyTax uses your personal information to provide you with relevant information that may be of interest to you, such as information on our products, solutions, and associated services.
3) SimplifyTax may at times be entrusted by a client company to process information or perform other such activities on its behalf. The personal information we obtain as a result will be used only for the activities with which we are entrusted. In such cases, SimplifyTax and the client company will be bound by a confidentiality agreement not to disclose the name of the client company or details of the activity.
4) SimplifyTax will not use personal information we receive from you for purposes other than those specified at the time of collection. However, we may use the information to—without personally identifying individuals—gather statistical data on the number of visitors our website receives, sales volume, and information on how visitors navigate through our website.
5) Inquire for information about how we use the Shareholder Directory.
5. When We Disclose or Provide your Personal Information to Third Parties
As a rule, SimplifyTax does not disclose or provide the personal information we receive from you to
any third party, except in the following cases:
1) When we have your consent. 2) When we employ a third party to handle all or part of the personal information we have collected, to perform services that are necessary to achieve our objectives.
3) When personal information is provided in conjunction with the succession of business resulting from a merger or other transfers of business.
4) When personal information is jointly utilized with specified persons.
5) When we are required by law to do so.
6) When it is necessary to do so to protect the life, body or property of people, and obtaining your consent is difficult.
7) When it is necessary to do so to improve public health or promote the welfare or well-being of children, and obtaining your consent is difficult.
8) When it is necessary to cooperate with national agencies, local governments, or their consigned parties in the execution of legally-prescribed business, but where obtaining your consent may hinder execution of the said business.
9) To stop the provision of personal information to third parties without customer consent: It may at times be necessary for SimplifyTax to provide personal information received from customers to third parties such as SimplifyTax affiliates and business partners.
6. How We Protect your Personal Information
SimplifyTax employs administrative, technical, personal, and physical safeguards to protect your
1) SimplifyTax employs necessary safety measures and takes necessary corrective actions to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, loss, destruction, alteration, or leakage. However, please be reminded that there is no fail-proof technology that can prevent illegal access to personal information.
2) SimplifyTax employees receive regular education on safeguarding personal information.
3) In cases when companies hired by SimplifyTax to provide services on our behalf are commissioned to handle personal information, we select appropriate contractors and require them to sign all necessary agreements concerning the handling of personal information. We also employ all safety measures required by law.
4) Collection of personal information through our website:
SimplifyTax website uses web beacons in some instances. A web beacon is a technology that is commonly used in conjunction with cookies. By using web beacons, we can assess the number of times you visit our website from your computer and compile aggregated statistics about your usage of our website. We use web beacons mainly to help us improve the products and support services we offer. We do not use web beacons to collect personal information from you, but by refusing to receive cookies, you can also reject web beacons.
Links to other websites
SimplifyTax website may contain links to other websites. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by sites other than our own.
7. Joint Use of Personal Information
It may be necessary for SimplifyTax to share the use of personal information received from customers with our affiliates, distributors, etc.
8. Questions Concerning Personal Information
1) You may request the disclosure of any of your personal information in our possession. You may
also inquire about the results of such requests and request revisions when necessary.
2) You may contact us with questions or comments regarding our handling of personal information.
3) SimplifyTax will respond to any such request in an appropriate manner, within reason.
Please note that requests made over the phone may be recorded to ensure proper response to your request.
For inquiries concerning personal information, please contact:
Global Excell Interactive Software Pvt. Ltd.,
1/50, 3 rd Floor, Lalita Park, Laxmi Nagar,
Email : [email protected]
(Note: Please do not send email or inquiries that are not related to your personal information)
Hours: business days from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Children without the consent of their parent or guardian should not submit personal Information to the Site. While few, if any, of the materials of the Sites are directed towards children, SimplifyTax encourages all parents or guardians to instruct their children in the safe and responsible use of their personal information while using the Internet.
Notification of Changes
If SimplifyTax decides to change our privacy statement, we will post those changes on this section so that you will always know what information we gather, how we might use that information and whether we will disclose it to anyone.
Questions or Comments
It is important to us to hear what visitors have to say about our services, and our policies. If you have any questions, concerns, about this privacy statement, or anything about our off-line and on-line products and services, please contact us.
By using this Site, you consent to the terms of our privacy statement and to our collecting and processing of personal information for the purposes given above.